Available July 1, 2014
Reporting to the Associate Provost, the Director of Library Services is the chief administrative officer of the Marymount Library. As such, the Director is a year-round administrative position holding faculty rank. This position is directly responsible for the operations of the library and performs professional and administrative duties in planning, developing, implementing and assessing library services.
SOME ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Articulate a department vision and provide strategic direction in developing dynamic and innovative programs, services, collections, and curriculum-integrated information literacy instruction;
- Ensure excellence in programs and services, with particular emphases on library information resources and information technology in support of teaching, scholarship, service, and library operations;
- Provide leadership in evaluating and assessing library programs, collections, personnel, and services; prepares department annual reports and work plans;
- Set the library’s fiscal priorities and direction consistent with the Academic Affairs division plan and the Educational Master Plan;
- Ensure strategic development of appropriate information resources and instructional capacity for a multisite university and online constituencies;
- Play a central role in the integration of information literacy within the curriculum and among departments and individual faculty; designs and teaches classes promoting information literacy;
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program is preferred. Masters in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program will be considered. Two years supervisory experience in an academic library setting; experience working with undergraduate, graduate, and online students in an academic library; experience designing and conducting library instruction; reference experience.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume or C.V., transcripts, salary history, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to Karen Thordarson, Director of Human Resources, Marymount California University, 30800 Palos Verdes Dr. East, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275. Email materials to: email@example.com. Application deadline is December 14, 2013.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER