Leadership and Global Development - Admission Requirements
Admission Requirements – Domestic Applicants
The Graduate Program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
Applicants must possess:
A bachelor’s degree
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum grade-point average of 3.0 (Students with grade-point average of 2.50-2.99 will be considered for admission on a provisional basis.)
Potential as a scholar
An assessment of student’s total qualifications — the rigor of their undergraduate studies, academic performance, extensive work experience, and personal references — is made.
Applicants must submit:
- A Graduate Application for Admission Apply Now
- A $40 nonrefundable application fee
- A letter of intent to the director: A typed letter to the Director describing educational and professional goals
- Two (2) letters of recommendations as required by the program to which you are applying (Verify requirements online at www.marymountpv.edu)
- Official transcript(s) (An official transcript is one which Marymount College receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and which bears the official seal of the college or university. Official transcripts are required for degrees, certificates, and credentials earned prior to application to Marymount College. Official transcripts for other college coursework not leading to a degree, certificate, or credential may be required by the department for program acceptance consideration.
- Degree Equivalency Report from a Marymount College-approved agency (for international transcripts only)
All program-specific requirements completed as listed online at www.marymountpv.edu.
If you are applying for financial aid, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the corresponding academic year, available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov, and the Graduate Stafford Loan Worksheet, available at www.marymountpv.edu.
International applicants who have completed a baccalaureate degree at a college or university outside of the United States are required to produce minimum scores for the TOEFL test of 550 on the paper-based test (79-80 on the internet-based test or 213 or more on the computer-based test). Prospective students may submit IELTS scores (with a score of 6.0 or better) in place of TOEFL scores. International students are required to provide evidence of immunization (measles, mumps, rubella), as well as evidence of the ability to provide medical insurance coverage during their proposed stay in the United States.
Further, such applicants are required to submit all application materials, including transcripts, diplomas, certificates, etc., translated into English. Such applicants must arrange with World Education Services to have a document-by-document review of their educational credentials, which includes a course-by-course evaluation. World Education Services must confirm that the applicant’s undergraduate experience is the equivalent of four years of undergraduate study at an accredited U.S. college or university, culminating in the bachelor’s degree.
Submit all materials to:
Marymount California University, Office of Graduate Admissions.
Contact: Jeremy Smotherman firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Director of Graduate Program, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The student is notified in writing of the admission decision.
In order to graduate, students must complete the required courses with an overall grade-point average of 3.0 or higher within four years of matriculation. This includes completing every required course with at least a B or better.
|For more information about Marymount's Graduate Programs call 310-303-7212 or