Form I-20A-B Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20)
Applying for the student (F-1) visa
- Valid SEVIS-generated Form I-20 from the school you wish to attend
- Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160. Please visit the DS-160 webpage to learn more about the DS-160 online process.
- Current passport valid for at least six (6) months after the proposed date of entry to the US
- One (1) inch-by-two inch (2”x2”) photo in the proper format
- MRV fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee
- SEVIS I-901 fee receipt.
- Transcripts or diplomas from your previous schools
- Copy of your letter of admission to the College
- Evidence of the funding you have available to support your studies (such as current bank statements, parents’ employment documents, and/or information about your family’s land, business or property ownership)
- Evidence of legitimate ties to your home country to ensure your return following completion of your studies in the U.S.
Entering the U.S. – Port of Entry
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
General visa information: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html
Online Visa forms: https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV/Default.aspx
U.S. Embassies: http://www.usembassy.gov/