Click here for the Marymount California University Viewbook
|Go to section:|
|Who Qualifies as an International Student?|
|International Admission Requirements|
|International Bacclaureate (IB) Policy|
|English as a Second Language (ESL)|
|Office of International Study|
A student is considered an international student if he or she is a citizen (passport holder) of a country other than the United States or if the student currently is being educated outside the United States and its territories.
Download the F-1 Student Transfer Eligibility Form
Marymount California University seeks the best qualified international candidates for admission and reviews all applications on a holistic basis. We do not list an "official" minimum GPA or language proficiency score for admission, which means we will consider any GPA. The most competitive applicants, however, have an academic GPA equivalent of a 2.5 or higher on the U.S. 4.0 scale. Each applicant is reviewed carefully for academic achievement, preparation and potential.
Complete and submit the online application and include the nonrefundable $50 application fee. Please write your name as it appears on your passport. This will be the name printed on your form I-20.
All international students also must provide a permanent foreign address that is not a P.O. Box (even if your current mailing address is in the United States).
What are the English language proficiency requirements?
While the TOEFL and/or IELTS are not required for admission to the associate or bachelor’s degree programs, English language proficiency must be demonstrated before enrollment at Marymount California. Proof of English language proficiency may be established in one or more of the following ways:
1. A minimum TOEFL* score of 61 (internet-based test).
2. A minimum IELTS** band of 6.
3. SAT Critical Reading score of 440 or higher, and SAT Writing score of 390 or higher.
4. ACT English score of 15 or higher, and ACT Reading score of 18 or higher.
5. Advanced Placement score of 3 or higher in English Composition and Literature or English Language and Composition.
6. College preparatory English language curriculum (non-ESL) where English is the language of instruction for a minimum of three years.
7. Successful completion of an Intensive English Program designed to prepare students for academic college-level instruction.
8. Placement into English curriculum offered at Marymount through previous college or university course work or placement exams.
*Marymount’s institution code is: 4515
**No institutional code is needed
|Basic Costs for International Students for 2013-2014|
|Room and Board||$12,750|
|Books and Supplies||$1,656|
|Mon||Sept.||24||Taunton||School Visit||Taunton School||3:45pm|
|Fri||Sept.||27||London||College Fair||Kensington Town Hall||10:00am|
Our programs are designed for students who truly want to make a difference. Courses emphasize problem solving, communication strategies and a sense of entrepreneurship. With a focus on the future, Marymount California continues to
grow. We're expanding our campus, our faculty and our programs all to help our students realize their full academic and
professional potential. Grow with us. See your future through our eyes. It looks amazing.