Part-time, 25 hours per week
Available January 2014
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Lakeside Campus, this position supports the Executive Director and the Office of Enrollment Management in the successful launch of the Lakeside Campus program. In addition, the Coordinator will serve as the primary recruiter for the academic programs offered at the Lakeside campus (for credit/BA degree completion and graduate).
SOME ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assist the Executive Director with setting up and promoting all on-campus events.
- Represent Marymount California University at local Lake and Mendocino County events, as directed by the Executive Director.
- Collect and input student inquiry data into Hobsons database (training to be provided).
- Telephone outreach to all student inquiries as they move through the application/enrollment process.
- Collect supporting academic documents and scan/send them to the Admission Office (Oceanview campus).
- Conduct initial review of each applicant’s file (application, academic transcripts, etc.) and make and initial recommendation to the Executive Director. Consultation regarding borderline cases can be discussed on a weekly basis via a conference call with the VP of Enrollment Management and the Director.
- Coordinate liaison and follow up with transcript evaluation staff regarding incoming transfer credit
- Initiate the acceptance letter and all follow-up e-mail/correspondence.
- Upon having a student submit his/her deposit fee, initiate the recording of this action in Hobsons and notify the Executive Director, VP, and Asst. VP/Director.
- Initiate contact with all appropriate offices and guide accepted/deposited students through all steps of admission, advising, registration, billing, and orientation.
- Once trained, serve as the Lakeside campus point person for answering initial financial aid questions (including federal and California-based aid, loans, veteran benefits, etc.).
- Inform the Executive Director of any key student-influencers who need to be cultivated and followed-up with by the Executive Director, VP, and/or the Director.
- Assist with the coordination of Lakeside campus news on Facebook and other social media.
Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred, but will consider candidates nearing completion of degree. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer skills with knowledge of social media/in-bound marketing techniques preferred, good driving record and ability to drive own vehicle to events as needed.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to Karen Thordarson, Director of Human Resources, Marymount California University, 30800 Palos Verdes Dr. East, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275. Email materials to: email@example.com. Application deadline is November 15, 2013.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER