Nestled on Southern California’s picturesque Palos Verdes Peninsula, Marymount College is a student-centered, Catholic learning environment for students of all faiths who seek to transform their lives and achieve their academic, professional and life goals. At Marymount, our mentoring faculty and staff are the catalyst for the remarkable transformation taking place in our students. We are currently inviting applications for a
CAMPUS SAFETY OFFICER
Full-time, 11p - 7a.m.
1. Patrol assigned areas on foot to ensure personnel, buildings and equipment are safe and secure. Patrol and monitor housing areas to provide public security and assistance when needed. Remain vigilant at all times and maintain a visible presence.
2. Monitor activities at the main gate, which includes random vehicle searches, visitor and vendor check-in, performing ID checks, monitoring CCTV system and maintaining radio contact with roving officer.
3. Must be approachable and act as a customer service representative to students, parents, faculty, staff and visitors.
4. Direct (and if appropriate, escort) campus visitors to facilities and buildings. Maintain knowledge of campus buildings, emergency utility shut-offs, fire alarm systems, fire extinguisher locations, key box locations and on-going events.
5. Answer campus safety telephone professionally and with appropriate telephone etiquette.
6. Write legible and detailed reports.
7. Take action in emergencies, e.g. utility leaks, directing emergency traffic and ensuring emergency access.
8. Willingness to cover other shifts or sites as needed.
Must have High School Diploma or GED, current CA guard card, baton certification, OC spray certification and current CPR and first aid training. Prior experience as a security officer, law enforcement professional, or similar position preferred. Excellent customer service and written and oral communication skills required. Must have basic computer literacy, valid driver’s license and good driving record. Able to walk and stand for long periods of time, climb steps, and lift up to 50 pounds on occasion. A background check will be conducted.
Compensation: $11.50/hr. plus excellent benefits package.
Apply in person to Human Resources Department, Marymount College, 30800 Palos Verdes Dr. E., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275 or email resume to email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER