Sustainability efforts include:
- Green building and operations practices
- E-waste collection events
- Sustainability Expo.
- A bachelor's degree in Sustainability is planned for fall 2014
Leading the Way in Sustainability Education and Practice
- Institutional practices -- observe best practices in campus operations and services.
- Academics -- inform students so they may deepen their commitment to sustainability principles and grow as responsible citizens.
- Partnerships -- develop collaborative, innovative solutions to local and global sustainability challenges
Engage University-wide stakeholders through the Sustainability Work Group who identify and implement best practices and institutionalize sustainability principles and goals.
Promote a culture of sustainability through coordinating educational and experiential opportunities so that all employees and students may get involved in sustainability programming.
Support sustainability research and academic initiatives as they align with the Educational Master Plan.
- Develop and instruct sustainability-centered courses.
- Support faculty across all disciplines in integrating sustainability themes and projects into their existing courses and learning outcomes.
- Actively interface and mentor sustainability-related student organizations and research initiatives
- Encourage cross-campus collaboration and partnerships, bridging academics and operations to use the campus as a living laboratory where students’ sustainability ideas can be implemented when practical.
- Interface with local and regional community partners to create joint outreaches and ventures to promote sustainability education and best practices off campus.
Maintain effective and consistent communications to promote campus sustainability efforts internally and externally. Foster information sharing among campus community members and departments.
Track and report progress with measurable indicators and communicate progress through production of a publicly available Annual Sustainability Report.